Tonopah Public Library

Built in 1906, the Tonopah Library was the third public library in Nevada and is the longest continuously operating library in Nevada. Suffrage Leader Marjorie Moore Brown and her mother, Grace R. Moore, were instrumental in sponsoring fundraising events for the construction of the library. They started the library to house a gift of 200 books given by George F. Weeks in memory of his brother John Randel Weeks. Because more modern facilities were needed, a new building was constructed next door, and it serves as the main library today. The historic library, which is still in use, houses an extensive collection of Nevada reference books.

Click on an image to enlarge